July 29, 2010

Footsteps Taken…Miles Covered

This week I have had the opportunity to lace my tennis shoes each morning and walk along the water. So many revelations surfaced as the water splashed along the shore. Serenity hovered just above the waves and motivation lingered with each stride taken. I had lost myself down there and I was left to filter through the raging emotions begging for interpretation.

Along side the emotional aspect of my experience on the pier, the inspiration for physical activity walked hand in hand. I had suffered a couple of weeks of some depression and a side effect of that was a lack of motivation to follow my exercise regimen. The empowerment and satisfaction of movement in one’s day will bring those natural endorphins which will combat that little demon of darkness.

The above thought process left me taking it one step further. How often do we as humans rattle off the list of problems or issues we have that require attention for change? I know I have been guilty. This list can vary in length and severity of concern from person to person, but the ability to overcome is the same. Finding the root or most significant contribution of one’s problems and focusing on reversing the effects of negativity can begin the climb of reassurance and self-belief. Then the remaining attributes to the list will fall like dominos as the endurance for handling each situation becomes easier with the growing sense of confidence.

As I walked along the pier I ventured out on this path that once connected the states. I turned when I made it back to the shore and peered down the pavement. The distance marked that short, but lengthy jaunt of the past few months. So many accomplishments circulate with the various difficulties. I have overcome so much and as the future holds many more opportunities of growth it also carries the tranquility of that very moment I stepped forward leaving some of my apprehensions behind this morning. The drift of the water, of my soul will send the heartache down river and the current upstream will float a new level of hope and endearment into my heart.

I have a quote today to share with each of you…

“It’s not like somebody else can run a marathon for you. It’s all you out there. Finishing means you can say, ‘There’s not a lot I can’t do.’” ~Kenneth Feld~

This marathon is for my endurance to embark only. No one else can live this for me, take appropriate actions, or make the correct decisions for me. I have had to pace myself and keep the finish line at the forefront. When mile 12 pressures for surrender I will pull back my shoulders and cross 13.1while breaking the tape that marks the end of this darkness of this relationship. Though this emotional marathon brought road blocks, it also supplied pit stops of recovery and reassurance. Soon I will be setting this all behind me with the finalization. I can then undergo the pavement of my eternal marathon…my life.

Walking ambitions…Running goals

~Nina~

1 comment:

  1. Nina,
    Your words are beautifully spoken on the page. I cant help but cry when I read them. Thank you for sharing your post and Keep Running!!!
    Betty

    ReplyDelete