July 14, 2010

Energy Zapped…Lots to Do

July 11, 2010

Recovering from the wedding was a desire as I was the photographer and put in a long day yesterday, but it was more than physical exhaustion that weighed on me. Pulling into the drive way I just felt the stress wrap around my shoulders and capture my freedom once again as the mere visual of the house he slept in meets me everyday I walk into mine. I peeked in the back of the vehicle and all three of my darling children were sleeping. Cutting the engine left it quiet. I sat there and just pondered the list of chores that awaited me as I had to prepare for a long week of work to come.

As my babies rested I unloaded the van. Each trip into the house reminded me the struggles of being a single parent. There is no dividing of tasks or help. The list remains regardless of pressed time and wiped out motivation. As I transferred my sleeping beauties I had one set of eyes peek up at me. My daughter smiled with groggy eyes and my heart melted as she said, “I tooked a good nap Momma.” The innocence of my boys encased me as they continued their peaceful slumber while I placed them in their cribs.

I sat down on the couch and the weight brought me great struggle. I didn’t want to unpack our bags, face the laundry, tackle the various tasks of clean up, or mow the lawn. A tear fell as everything crashed on me. I just would once wish to turn and be met with a set of arms waiting to support me through this, to bring an emotional boost.

Eventually I pulled myself together and managed to organize my entire to do list. Another day down…may the sunset bring me peace.

~Nina~

No comments:

Post a Comment