August 8, 2010

Exhausting Week…Weekend More

August 1, 2010

I haven’t written for a couple of days. The week was extremely busy and left me completely exhausted. I packed up my troops Friday and headed west. The adventure of car rides is always interesting. I chuckle as I watch my wee ones fight the sand man and drift to the soothing ride to Grandma’s house. It is a priceless moment when they wake up to realize that we are indeed in the driveway of our destination. The smile of excitement as they anticipate the upcoming spoil factor is precious.

We also had a wedding in the family this weekend, which was our reason of travel. As the bride glided down the aisle to her groom, the boys became squirrely. After everyone was seated for the ceremony I took the boys to the back of the church where there was room for them to burn some of their energy. There was one moment I have waited for as a Mom and prayed I wouldn’t miss. July 31st will be a day I never forget!

I turned and there he went, Connor was standing. I stopped in a my tracks as I watched him walk across the room all by himself. Then I spun around to see my little Kaden do the very same thing. That very moment where I watched my babies take the next step into the world of becoming toddlers. My boys are growing and developing with such great endurance that I find the time slipping right through my fingers. I savor that moment. My heart raced as I have never been more proud to watch them take off.

My time has been very busy. Some days just get away from me. I ended July strong and hope to step into August with vigor and faith. I know I am going forward in an upward direction. It feels great to have a sense of pride and happiness wrap around my shoulders.

My entry tonight is short, but I will bring great effort to the capturing of my upcoming days. Thank you for following. God Bless and Goodnight!

~Nina~

No comments:

Post a Comment