July 28, 2010

Support Given…Love Embraced

July 27, 2010

This entire experience has brought me to a new level of awareness and a vault of knowledge. Emotions, relationships, and the overall aspect of communication has become a field of study for me with a load of experiences to provide credence to my position. My goal is to give back by helping other women or individuals with similar emotions and provide them with the courage as well as assuring their capabilities to make appropriate decisions for themselves while having them learn within their own empowerments.

There was an expression of help for me to meet with someone whom has some circumstances leaving the person feeling defeated. Without hesitation I stepped up with broad shoulders. This was a time that I could fill a pair of shoes that once had stood by my side with support. Wondering my approach to information or route to engaging openness I remembered just how I had felt during this time of vulnerability. The sympathy and understanding is pure as I have carried many of these very same emotions.

The stream of emotion flowed from this person’s eyes. The exhalation of pain filled the room. Various circumstances were shared and the instant assessment to how I could assist raced through my mind. I offered my insight and what I would do if I was living this situation. The initial step is to gather all of the information and understand it for what it truly means. The truth maybe a difficult thing to swallow, but being honest within will give some clarity to take appropriate actions for what is necessary for oneself. I have dedicated efforts to help this individual with the entire process or any part along the way. Everyone deserves to be loved for who they are and with matched efforts.

Tonight I learned something about myself…something very important. I have more vitality than I give myself credit for. I was able to compose myself and reflect strength for someone in a time of need with similar experiences I have lived. In the beginning of my journey, everyday I tried to survive with taking things minute by minute and doubted the words of encouragement shared with me at that time…the future vision of my current position was a fantasy, but has now become a reality. Now I can strive towards achieving goals I set as my personal outcome from my adventure in this world of darkness. I will utilize the lessons learned, the miles endured, and my compassion to help others to bring higher awareness to the effects of all levels of abuse. I can bring empowerment to many who need it and instill the seed of belief a victim cannot survive without. I will become a positive attribute to the team of Awareness Against Domestic Abuse.

Hope, enlightenment I pray was shone into the corner of dimness tonight. Security and independence is a virtue this individual has deep within. The search can and will be difficult, but the surrounding support is strong.

Love will guide…Devotion will answer

~Nina~

1 comment:

  1. Coming from a disfuntional family, abuse came easy from my own father. He abused my mother from when we were all small all the way to the end. I can still hear the noice his belt made as it came from his pant loops to my skin for yet another beating. Very long story short..I helped her get away for at least six good years without him ever finding her, until her last year. Shes gone now, in a better place, where no one can hurt her... Him, hes a lonely, old man now..... without everything and everyone.

    ReplyDelete