February 28, 2010

A Day of Difference

Today has presented me with a different structure of thought. Someone expressed to me a few days ago, “You are a survivor.” Those words have managed to find their way into my deliberations of the day. One message I conveyed to him on several occasions was that happiness, true happiness comes from within. The table is turned…I have the power to seek my true contentment. I bring to you a piece from my heart. I wrote this poem several months ago and it wasn’t until now that I realized the yearning of strength of survival I sought out back then. The liberation of my writing continues to take me places. I started to read this daily and it provides me with deep inspiration…

Road to Life

Here I am, on this crazy road
The unknown street called life
Sighing as hundreds pass me by
My path carved by this dull knife
I want to speed, to soar and fly high
Dreaming big as my mind a float
Wanting success to survive this maze
In a world that seems so cut throat
In the background the radio plays
I hear this inspirational song
Though totally exhausted inside
It pushes me to remain strong
Never has it been a simple ride
Each curve and unexpected turn
It will not come to me with ease
For this I have come to learn
My aspirations only I can seize
It is my foot pushing on the gas
Changing lanes and facing my fear
I am now taking my turn to pass
Leaving her in the rearview mirror
The girl afraid of the unknown
With a deep breath I can now see
A woman who wants to keep goin’
Gaining confidence for my journey
I look forward to my next mile
For I may carry a large load
Inside I cannot help but smile
It’s my life, I will pave this road
~Nina~

I have dreamed of success. I have prayed for approval. I have wanted to be something that someone could be proud of. What does it matter if I don’t hold it within? Today, today I see that I am a success. I am a woman of great success as I protect the aspirations of my children and myself. I approve of myself as I continue to make decisions with great education. Pride, this one has been of extreme difficult to grasp, but I am here to transmit the satisfaction I know I should hold. I am proud of myself as I continue to inscribe my journey with grace…I am appreciative of the audience captured that continues to support me through this as they login to read my voyage. I deserve this, I deserve to be happy.

Self-actualization…the independence that brings internal success

~Nina~

No comments:

Post a Comment