February 9, 2010

Yesterday…A Dream

Yesterday was a difficult day. A chain of events, a series of phone calls all pressed my emotions again. How do I go from a swing in the positive direction to this gut wrenching emotion again? It is part of the process. All one can do is embrace the sunshine while it is present and push through the darkness to seek it again.

A dream, yesterday I had a dream. In this dream I saw my husband. I was walking along and heard a tap. As I turned in the direction of the noise, a gust of wind swirled up from my feet circling snow all around my body. It was as if I was in a snow globe. I didn’t see anything so I turned to continue my journey. Again, the tapping noise filled the air. This time as I turned, I noticed a veil of lacy fabric lift. There he was--my husband.

My heart broke as I saw the sadness in his eyes. I was halted, my whole being stopped in mid stride as I watched him point to his eyes, cross his hands over his heart, and then point to me. The message of “I Love You” was being relayed. Without hesitation I too pointed to my eyes, crossed my hands over my heart, and pointed back to him. The tears flow down my cheeks, “I Love You” too. I blew him a kiss and then he was gone…

Heartache, the pain woke me up abruptly. I touched the back of my hand to my face…moisture. I cried, I even continue to cry in my sleep. This vision left me wondering, “Where is he? What is he doing?” I ventured over to the picture of us and gave it a hug. Love is a divine emotion of both an elated happiness and a saddened pain. The experience of both will either destroy me or allow a great sheath of passion to wrap my soul.

Yesterday was a struggle, today…awaits me

~Nina~

1 comment:

  1. Nina, this is Paula. I read your posts on NM.
    Hope everything goes well for you and your babies. I've come from a place of abuse, and my life is sweet now. God bless you.
    NM user ID pjp1962

    ReplyDelete