February 15, 2010

Motherhood…A Blessed Gift

Today I am going to switch gears. My continuing rock has been my 3 beautiful children. Becoming a mother was the most blessed moment of my life. Almost, in March, 3 years ago I brought my darling daughter into this world. The twins will be celebrating their first birthdays upcoming in April. Motherhood has been an adventure of triumphs and tribulations. It is an expedition I venture about with great pleasure and appreciation everyday. Becoming a parent isn’t a right, it is a privilege.

Chloe, my oldest, has a vibrant personality. Her wit brings laughter that fills the room. She is a very compassionate little girl. Every morning I hear the patter of two little feet ever so stealthily tip toeing down the stairs. I wait there in the kitchen as she peeks around the corner with an excited salutation, “Good morning Momma!” The twinkle in her eyes just melts my heart.

Kaden, older by one minute, brings pleasant mystery to each day. He is more of my silent but mischievous son. He is going to be the brains of the operation and let his brother take the fall. At the end of the day, he smiles big and puts his tiny hand on my cheek as to say, “I love you Mommy.” His smirk sends warmth through my veins.

Connor, technically my youngest, is adventurous to say the least. My dear son pushes the limits and will no doubt bring trouble just to spice things up. His giggle just lifts the spirits high. Though he plays hard and picks at his brother, he will settle into my arms and snuggle in under my chin so to say, “Good night Mommy.” The site of playful banter leaves me to chuckle.

My goal as a parent has been to raise my kids to be adaptable. I have hopes that they will trust that I, as their Mom, have vowed to do whatever I can in my power to bring them great opportunity. The connection I have with my children is unbelievable and roots deep. One day I left them with the sitter and watched all 3 of them dive into the activity without fuss for me to stay. There I was patting myself on the back as my goal was met. A single tear fell from my eye and it was not of sadness, but of pride in myself as a mother. That same day I knelt down to give Chloe a hug goodbye and she said, “Momma, I am so proud of you,” as if she was answering any doubt I may have in myself.

They will grow to be brilliant. They will aspire and do great things. I will proudly proclaim my satisfaction for each and every one of them. I will guide them and present them with the resources they need to follow through with their own dreams.

Each day I dedicate myself, my strength to my kids. The continued fight for survival is for them. They need a healthy environment to grow, develop, and foster their own personalities. There is not one day that goes by and my kids don’t know that I love them. Daily they express the appreciation of having Mom bring the warmth of a hug, wrapping them with courage to seek the quest of their own life.

My blessed trio…striving for your success

~Nina~

No comments:

Post a Comment