June 2, 2010

Pride Filled Moments

Last night I struggled to sleep. I am thinking the combination of a new environment and today being my big day to hit my block group, the anticipation had my nerves all sorts of on overdrive. Rising early, I climbed into the shower, visualized my day, and drafted my route to that of a successful one. One thing that every great writer has is the ability to structure a very solid first draft. That is just what I did, today was awesome as I knocked it out of the ballpark.

Ironing my clothes left me feeling very much put together. My style, jazz, and humor all set my sails free as I glide into the depths of piecing together a very successful woman. My appearance is of strength and determination. I am a people person. The ability to adapt and invite conversation is a gift that suits me well with my job. This is my element, a use for my talents.

Today I met a very interesting individual. His story inspired me. As we chatted over a casual breakfast I found myself intrigued with the journey his life has taken him. The success of entrepreneurship, raising his children as a single parent, adventurous trips around the world, and all here for me to appreciate. He asked a little about my background and of who I am. Sharing a few pieces left me feeling very proud of whom I have become. I walked out of the little cafĂ© with my head held high. He reflected that he admired me…a man of greater generations, a person I was moved by, respected the woman that peers back at me in the mirror.

The remainder of my day was of great achievement. Focus was my ground and organization pulled me effortlessly through my assignment. Making my way to a grocery store allowed me to maintain my nutritional schedule of healthy fruits, vast veggies, and meals of empowerment. Celebrating last night over a fabulous supper with my team was well deserved, but I felt prevailing as I was able to pull myself back to my structured lifestyle. Every minute, every hour…I was independently sifting through all my apprehensions until I was only left with a fine dust of pride.

Run the race…Endurance for the distance

~Nina~

No comments:

Post a Comment