June 13, 2010

Day of Droplets…Slate to Wash

The weekend has been filled with the cascade of rain. Though the past two days have been low key, my mind does race. I am trying to piece together an interpretation for my internal turmoil, the struggle of not being able to express my true feelings. Poetry is not only a passion of mine, but a method of getting my heart to verbalize. Today I present to you what flowed from my fingers, message spoke from my soul.

Destiny…the Development…the Journey

Where life will take them
One may never truly know
The people meant to meet
Destiny the path followed so

Every experience lived through
Sadness or joy rolls a tear
Teaching what needs learned
Trial and triumph one’s fear

The mind filled of aspiration
Ideas flowing free, sets to sail
Determination the golden key
Allows one a prized prevail

The future may contain uncertain
One may close as opens another door
Don’t caution it may hide in shadow
Take that chance, reach out for
Beneath the heart yearns to soar

~Nina~

The rain symbolizes my heart. Emotions surge as a river from my eyes. Not every tear is of sadness or despair…determination, focus, and drive also present weight within my essence. The droplets are not of great defeat, though my initial determination was of surrender. They simply are washing my slate clean. This week is new week, tomorrow is a new day. My future is what I will make of it and I want to approach each minute as it comes.

One foot in front of another…No stumble, secure footing

~Nina~

No comments:

Post a Comment