August 15, 2010

Mnemonic Flash…Embraced Appreciation

A day of reflection is necessary every now and then. My drive home today was beautiful, peaceful. The road way was leading back to my life and not having that apprehension or fear of my own life has marked an important milestone for myself. I am at a point I didn’t know could exist. My focus is clear and my devotion is centered on my children. At the beginning of this all I would wake from a restless night and wait for the next moment of despair to fall onto my plate. Now I rise well rested and energized with excitement for the adventures of my day. My independence, my freedom…I now can breathe without difficulty.

I have intertwined emotions with words as I describe the summary of my last seven months with a simple poem. Each day gets easier to express the experience for what it was and not what it is. I can present the woman I am and not the woman he stole. My journey covers the pages with past tense and my future holds pleasantry as I step into a new light. Liberty, my wings of emancipation carry me as I soar to a higher level of success.

Path of Recovery…Mine to Survival

The days had been so dark and solemn
Fear of his dominance for me to embark
Slowly and of assurance I tried deep within
Ignite that internal glow to a festered spark

Weeks ventured to months while those to more
I pondered the time lost, my seconds all gone
The demon of power and my urge to crumble
Dissolved into harmony, a determined song

Now a peace, sense of endearment deep inside
Each sunrise independent with pride to embrace
The woman surfaced a persona I had always been
Thrust that heartache fiercely goodbye with mace

Reflection of beauty held within that mirror of me
Belief I wasn’t sure, but found I always had indeed
The journey of pieces trickled and left for me to see
Now complete this puzzle that has forever set me free

~Nina~

Getting here has not been easy by any means. I had my days of hopeless defeat and surrender, but each were necessary to experience as now I have a true appreciation for the happiness and value of my accomplishments. The sky is my limit. Opportunities for my personal growth continue to flourish and the woman I have become marks extreme significance. I am ready…ready for anything.

Encouragement sought…Triumph seized

~Nina~

No comments:

Post a Comment