August 31, 2010

Bubble Baths to Bachelor’s Degree

August 26, 2010

Each day I have this train of various concerns, ponders, and contemplations drift through my mind to mingle with my current day’s deliberations. My overall mindset or thought process places weight in the bigger picture which in turn effects the little things or choices I make each day. What I do now will impact tomorrow which will then impact exponentially into my future. When I put all the pieces together and complete the puzzle I hope to see the future I once visualized. I have that balance of looking ahead and reevaluating the now while using my insight to maintain that cohesive energy for my specific desired outcome.

Today I had focus yet again on my babies and their futures. In the back of my mind I constantly wonder how I will get my children through elementary school, into middle school, and transition to high school. I wonder how I will guide them through their foundational education years and into their college years. How will I assist them? Will I be able to assist them? I as a parent want to do my homework now for a better outcome for them in the future.

Many things go into play such as keeping their interest in the adventure of learning fueled. Reading, coloring, playing with shapes, colors, and concepts…creating that same hunger for knowledge as their Momma has is a goal that gets daily efforts. Also helping to teach them how balance their responsibilities and healthy recreation will be important. Holding them accountable for their behavior even in these early stages can be challenging but essential for their future years. Fostering their passions and supporting their dreams…I will do what I can to guide them through their voyage of life and education. Their aspirations are my inspirations!

As a mother I hope to be able to financially help dreams become realities, but I must instill responsibility within each of them when it comes to money. I will teach them by my example and together we will reap of the benefits of earned accomplishments without the reward of a particular dollar sign. Funding and assisting them is a goal I will achieve, but the value of what I have done for them will be reflected with their appreciation and responsibility for life. Life isn’t about the wad of cash in your pocket, but the hours of dedication and hard work placed into a project of desire or goal. These are all qualities I hope to inherit to my children. Looking at what we have and not what we could have will root happiness within them and cease the structure today’s society with the search of how to get more with little to no effort. Materials don’t foster that true and innocent joy in life…our values and morals instilled with family do.

As we ventured through our nighttime routine I kept reminding myself that their moments today become tomorrow’s memories. The skills they learn today will be tomorrow’s foundation. While splashing in the tub they giggled as they got Mom all wet, but what they don’t realize is that I was soaked with motivation and energy to be the best I can for them. As I gazed into their bath water the bubbles dissolved into the future and I could see the black cap and gown. Smiling within I know that the warmth I have now with this visual will be a reality within the blink of an eye. Time passes faster than spilled salt and tonight I embraced my here and now.

Toddler years…Foundation Solid

~Nina~

No comments:

Post a Comment