August 31, 2010

Romantic by Nature…Love’s Response

August 25, 2010

Being a part of a whole new world I have finally grasped my role as a single lady. It is different as I walk around gazing and people watching. The visuals I am presented with as men approach me have left me wondering just how to screen for that quality partner to experience life with. I have learned that I know just what I want and what I need. That man of mystery…a man who wants to grab life and live, he is out there somewhere.

Close your eyes and find that picture of when you first laid eyes on your significant other. Embrace those memories of the early stages when your relationship just started to blossom. Can you see it….the first date, the beginning days, and those initial weeks? Think about how your heart raced as you visualized his face or you first swept her hair behind her ear. Remember that attempt at a balance of your wanting to be accessible, yet playing hard to get. The warming sensation of when you looked inside and realizing that you have fallen in love with this person…precious, priceless moments forever treasured. Young love, old love, new love, long love…as you have journeyed with your partner take a moment to remember one moment that was of great awe--the first kiss.

As I ponder with anticipation, this flutter of emotion surfaces as I visualize this monumental moment. I am a confident woman and not much can make me nervous, but the idea of “a first kiss” has me in a turmoil. I am excited, yet scared. I am anxious, but timid. My heart races, but stops. What will it be when I have the opportunity to share a first kiss?

Closing my eyes I am presented with this visual…

He is sitting in the corner of the couch. His fingers just under his chin as he rests his elbow on the arm of the divan, there is this sense of ponder across his face. She comes into the room, wanting to snuggle as they had for the first time a few days prior, but is still unsure as to where they are going with their relationship. Awkwardly she turns and begins to position herself next to him, but is warmed with relief as he wraps his arms around her pulling her close to him. Leaning into him, resting on his chest her heart begins to race. The scent of his cologne fills her senses and the patter of attraction begins to beat louder.

A flood of emotions does release as they are intertwined. Her desire for him continues to grow as the safety he brings to her encases her entire being. Trailing her fingers down his arm presents her intentions to relay the message of softness she will bring to him. The tenderness as he guides a strand of hair behind her ear…the caressing of his hand down her neck, it is so sensual. The yearning grasp is strong as he just squeezes her and at this moment she draws in a deep, cool breath as she allows the mutual feeling of appetence surround them. His kiss to the top of her head drifts her mind with wonder upon if tonight will be the night…their first kiss.

As the moment grows with an intense apprehension she can feel his body language bounce between yes and no. His energy is eager yet timid. Her inhibitions melt as he holds her. The touch, their embrace for one another is delicate. As he kisses her cheek her insides begin to implode, pleading for him to kiss her. Closing her eyes she just allows her sense of touch to heighten and feel his aura as they slowly meet one another’s lips. The softness, the elegance of their connection sets her free. Arousal burns, but simmers with his affectionate touch. She lets go and loses herself in the moment, a treasured time captured forever.

Love is a tender and viable part of life. I have the desire to share my experiences with someone; I want to give my heart to another as he shares his. I am a romantic by ease as it is a dominate characteristic of my personality. I believe in the power of love and one day, when the time is right, I may have another chance at it.

The first kiss…A tender kiss

~Nina~

No comments:

Post a Comment