August 30, 2010

Weekend Adventure…Memories Treasured

August 22, 2010

The past two days have been amazing. I do struggle to construct the right words to articulate the time of simple moments of priceless value my children and I have experienced, but I will try my best. Sitting down I feel tuckered out, though every effort is more than worth the hearty giggles and memories of happiness for my children.

Activities of our weekend include the making of homemade pizzas, the stirring of homemade ice cream, the rides of a toddler jeep, the roasting of marshmallows, the game of chase mom, and the snuggle of deep love. We also enjoyed some company and shared time giving to others these moments of innocence.

As a parent my goals include raising my children with morals and values beyond the average. I strive to balance discipline to teach respect and surround them with great love to guide a deep sense of compassion within. I hope they have enjoyed their childhoods and treasure all these moments we have shared. I have no expectation of a payout or token of appreciation because my reward each day is the proof of my endearing energy as it reflects upon each of their tiny faces. Pure happiness shines as they smile regardless of the day’s events.

As the years pass and my children age they will never be faced with the reality of our previous home life or what I have gone through. I will shield them from having to imagine the experience and just remain their focus on their own futures as well. This behind-the-scene effort to rise above and the process of survival is for mine to endure only. Their delicate minds will not ever be clouded with the events of the past months or future comings. I refuse to let this steal their childhoods. Being mom, I will worry about the adult things and the process as they will do what kids should…eat, play, and grow.

Weekends like this are moments each one of us all need. I can wrap my arms around them and embrace every phase of development, but tonight I can bottle them up as wee-ones giggling while trying to role away from me or run as they try to catch me. Tonight I will remember them as my babies forever.

Bundles of joy…Lifetime of laughter

~Nina~

No comments:

Post a Comment