August 15, 2010

Rearview Mirror…Fading Sorrow

August 13, 2010

Packing the vehicle is always a chore, but the destinations always bring warm smiles to my children making it worth all the effort. This weekend I am taking the kids to an event that I went to for many years of my own childhood…the county fair. Though my heart races for an anticipated fear, I will set things aside and do right for my children. When I dropped off my sweethearts at daycare, I told Chloe that I was going to be taking her somewhere special after I picked them up. Her eyes sparkled with eagerness while her mind raced with curiosity.

As I drove out of town the sun was bright. Setting the cruise I looked in my rearview mirror and there it was, heartache and it didn’t make this trip. The pain faded while my desire to seek my future pressed. Each of my beauties drifted to sleep and I there I was left to venture the depths of my heart, seeking validations to my internal emotions.

The trip home travels that path of certainty. I know just where the pavement is going to take me. As I ponder, my journey began to take autopilot with haze as I looked deeper into a lane that is clearly uncertain to me. Love is more than an emotion; it is a captivating part of life. My dreams are filled with the fantasy of that pure, sensual sentiment and my conscious mind muses the reality of this fancy. At that moment of consideration a song filled the vehicle. The harmony was so beautiful and the lyrics are my hope. The romance of a chunk of the melody “Breathe” by Faith Hill speaks of that distant vision…

I can feel the magic floating in the air
Being with you gets me that way
I watch the sunlight dance across your face
And I've never been this swept away
All my thoughts just seem to settle on the breeze
When I'm lying wrapped up in your arms
The whole world just fades away
The only thing I hear
Is the beating of your heart

…Someday the man of mystery will step from the shadows

No longer am I afraid. I have been through torment, but I am still who I was to begin with…I just needed to find myself again. Standing, I brush the dust of heartache and deep sorrow from my knees. I am feeling stronger with every sunrise.

Placing my blinker on for the last turn, I shifted my focus to the embracing safety of my family. Pulling in the driveway brought me to the comfort of home. As I walked hand in hand with my children to the front door I was warmed with pride. The sparkle in my Mom’s eyes as the four of us trickled in illuminated more than a clear cut diamond. It was great to be home.

Comfort Inn…Grandma’s House

~Nina~

No comments:

Post a Comment