August 11, 2010

Hearty Giggles...Memorable Moments

Some of the most memorable moments have not the words to describe that elated sense of vitality. The innocence of the unexpected and the joy of those scheduled, these are the days that will carry us through tomorrow. The present is powerful, the past forfeits experiences, and the future precedes our growth. This seed lies within and flourishes with beauty.

Today has been a day of movement for me and that of an emotional touching day. Not one moment did I question myself or who I have become. I walked with a posture of pride and a heart warmed of sanctuary. Work surfaced a new perspective towards my job title and my value to the department. My efforts of a nutritious day fueled my body, mind, and spirit with those elements necessary to remain focused as well as feel complete. Most importantly my evening was beyond amazing as I connected with each one of my children.

The routine is demanding; how could it not with there being only one of me and three precious little ones with similar, yet unique needs? As I opened the door my face was kissed with the heat of a summer afternoon. Flipping my hair over my shoulder, I took a deep breath and walked into the building where my children dive into their imaginations while I am at work. The moment they see me there is a rampage of happiness running towards me as my balance becomes off kilter when they all throw their arms around me. Kaden hollers with joy, “Momma, Momma!” Connor waves good-bye to his teachers as he giggles because he is going home with Momma. Chloe wraps her arms around my neck as she reports happily, “Today I be a good girl.” All at once I am swarmed with this overwhelming appreciation for the life I have, my gift of motherhood. I look behind me and wish the staff a peaceful evening as I walk hand in hand with my three darlings.

After a meal fit for toddlers we all pick up the supper dishes and clean up the dinning room. Though I am Mom and they are my children…we are a team! We are all an intertwined circle of support for one another and that is what marks our relationship with a heightened level of cohesiveness. Like little ducklings we file into our assembly line of water works. I have the privilege of washing 30 little fingers and 30 little toes. I get to splash with and lose three separate wars de bath time leaving me soaked with the hearty adoration of their mischievous grins of victory. Each little face gets to comb their hair while looking in the mirror with curiosity as to who is looking back at them. Then finally I am following two diapered behinds and a nightgown of purity as we venture to the living room for our daily exploration of fun. Every evening this sight touches my heart.

Tonight though was of an individual experience and I just have to bring this visual of exhilarated playfulness to you. The boys in their diapers stumbled across their stocking hats. I was on the floor watching as they tried to put the hats on themselves. My heart stopped as the sense of pride any parent gets as they gaze upon their children figuring out where things go and how thing work is beyond priceless. After helping them, I just burst out laughing as the sight of them with nothing on but their diapers and a stocking cap was so cute! Then I reached out and wiggled my fingers as I teased, “Momma is going to get you.” Instantly they curled with anticipation and roared with laughter before I even connected to tickle their bellies. These are the moments I will cherish forever…the foundational days to a healthy development of their futures.

As I lay down to rest, I will reflect my energy of the day. The vibrant emotions surfaced with my inestimable moments with my children. They are my air giving me capability to breath. They are my sunshine giving me the light to grow. They are my everything, the reason I exist, and the motivation to continue this search of survival. They are my life!

Rest easy my Darling Three…Momma loves you

~Nina~

No comments:

Post a Comment