August 20, 2010

Day of Routine…Established Appreciation

August 19, 2010

I woke up this morning feeling very refreshed. My ability to sleep has been much better lately and the clear atmosphere of my mind is revitalizing. I was a little sluggish this morning with pulling the covers back as I just wanted to lay there and remain wrapped with the pure serenity of the moment, but did get myself up eventually. I have become accustomed to my morning routine of rising early, getting ready for work, packing a healthy lunch, waking my wee-ones, getting them dressed for daycare, and getting us all loaded up to venture into the day. It may sound like a lot, but in general our mornings are a smooth operation.

Work had been very busy for me today. My mind wandered here and there to ponder my revelations of the day, but was quickly faded as I dove into another task of priority. By lunchtime I did notice that I had this overall sense of stillness within. At first I thought this was my calm before the storm, but decided that this was my life. I smiled as I opened up the salad I had prepared for myself and mingled with my usual lunch partner. I am here, I am normal…I am just living my life.

I punched out and there it was, just part of my day complete. Before walking out, I turned to look at my office. Even my work space as transformed along this journey just as I have inside. I was proud at that very second of all my efforts towards my job with hopes of a future career. My knowledge gained and this yearn within of more will continue to drive me to success.

Walking to my vehicle it hit me; it is just an average day. I was off to gather my three little ones, make supper, bathes, playtime adventures, bedtimes, and household chores…my routine and solid agenda for each day. Today has been that normal day of simplicity and I love it. Climbing into my vehicle I chuckled, I have a common set of wheels with a ding in the bumper as someone had backed into me and the standard mess of three children in transport within. I buckled my seat belt and nodded. Being approved of others means nothing if you do not approve of yourself. At that moment I was more than approving, I was damn proud!

Financially, I don’t have lots of money, heck I hardly have enough money, but all my bills are paid and every one of my children’s needs are met. I work very hard each day and feel totally exhausted most days, but I have earned everything with devotion and determination. I understand who I am. I respect myself as well as others. I have three beautiful children whom all giggle of innocence and smile brighter than the summer sun. At the end of the day I tuck them in, kiss them goodnight, whisper my “I love you’s,” and turn the light off as we each drift to dreamland. To others I may not appear to have much, but I feel like I am the richest woman in all the land.

Life is about the simple pleasures, the moments of relaxed nature without a lavish price tag. The gift I have been given is precious and I appreciate it more with each sunrise. I didn’t find life, it found me!

Facile moments…Treasured forever

~Nina~

2 comments:

  1. You have so much to be proud of. Things a person can buy is just stuff.... What you have is priceless!!! You do an awsome job with the little you have, and never complain. I am so proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The three blessings God has layed before you are your Life and it sounds like you are very blessed and doing a wonderful job. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete