August 30, 2010

Let the Good Times Roll

August 20, 2010

It is Friday night and this gal does have some plans. A good friend of mine is having a birthday party for their spouse’s birthday. I have been friends with the couple for a few years now and time keeps passing by we never fully lose our connection. I cannot wait to catch up and take it from where we left off. It will be a great time.

Upon laying my children down, I smiled as tonight I will get some time as an adult. I devote my every energy and effort to my sweet blessings. Being a mother is my first priority and I whole-heartedly honor my responsibilities. I am proud to be a parent, they are my number one!

Being an adult with a plateful of healthy obligations brings challenge in itself, but the challenge of finding that balance of parenthood and adulthood is important. Being a single mother and with the surrounding circumstances presents even more of a juggle to the world of socialization, but I try my best.

I don’t go out much, but once in a blue moon. I can count on one hand how many times in the last 8 months I have not tucked my children as a result of my going out. I always take care of my children first, after all bedtime is a favorite of mine. I again tonight put my sweet darlings to bed and kissed them good night. As I enjoy the company of a few old friends I will be embraced by the innocence of life…my life!

Balance…all about balance

~Nina~

No comments:

Post a Comment