March 19, 2010

Live for Love…Laugh at Life

The challenges of life present me with the opportunity of venturing many avenues of experience. I have lived, laughed, and loved on many levels while enduring the true privilege of embracing raw emotion. The pride I carry in my ability to take something from every trial and learn from it is of great triumph. Constructive learning, I believe there is a positive to every occurrence in one’s life.

As today presents itself as the last day of the work week often the phrase, “TGIF” is thrown out with enthusiasm. Everyday I enumerate this acronym as my definition: Thank Goodness In Forgiveness. Calmness, peace…a vitalizing way to approach the gift of life and this is my methodology for my existence.

Love the word listed for meaning of having soul-mates, enduring adoration, marriage, friendship, and infatuation. Loving a football team, a job, an activity, a person, a dream…life is lived for the emotion of love, for the reward of positive energy. Romance can and does exist beyond a candlelit dinner, pair of wine glasses, soft music, and euphoric touch.

There are a dozen or so definitions for the art of being a romantic and I present to you the definition that describes my romance: ardent; passionate; fervent. Today I was presented with the concern that I was expressing a virtue in not trusting ever again. This person continued to explain that I am a “hopeless romantic, a person who cares, filled with compassion” and this personality isn’t designed to be shared alone. My rebuttal to that is I haven’t erased the romance I yearn, the focus is just rerouted, thus my listed definition. I am ardent as I have a character that feels on an intense level, passionate as I show with great expressiveness to my insides, and fervent as I wholeheartedly articulate warmth in my personal happiness. I can be myself as an independent and as this person hit the nail on the head as far as who I am, I want to reiterate that I can do it alone.

The other effect I want to bring forth is the luminance laughter can bring to one’s heart. At the sensitivity of the moment one certainly can’t shed any banter for the purpose of the event, but later after looking back smiling will lift the weight a sorrow may have. Chuckling can cause the release of endorphins which can cause a natural lift in the body and mind while also relieving anxiety or stress that may be pressing on your system. Laugh at life, it is there to provide the humor of mistakes, nurture the development of trial and error while facilitating personal growth.

When asked, “Are you ok?” I took a moment to realize, “Yes, yes I am.” While walking to my vehicle after work I smiled, I am doing just fine. I am OK with where I am at. I know that I am a valued asset to this society and I will do great things for this world. Fostering an appreciation in oneself breaks the chain of co-dependency. I am taking care of myself, I am healing from the inside, I am bringing this energy outward, and I am secure with where my life will go. Independence is very liberating and a status I hadn’t utilized until now.

Embrace the here, the now…humor love, foster yourself

~Nina~

2 comments: