March 22, 2010

Absence without Warning…Updates Presented

I want to first apologize as I am aware that many people login and follow my journey frequently. The previous two days didn’t present me with the opportunity to sit down and collect my thoughts or explain my inability to write, but the many deliberations I had this weekend are itching to be expressed. This weekend I had someone request my assistance with something, a commitment to my children of uninterrupted time for an outside adventure, and a lengthy list of other catching up to do in various aspects of my life.

As marriage is a sanctified part of life, I always envisioned this voyage of growing old with someone, swaying on the porch swing, and holding hands while admiring the sunset as a peaceful representation of the deep love shared. The achievement of a Golden Anniversary isn’t marked by many, but the value is of great honor.

I had packed up the kids and said my good-byes. Two people that I carry an utmost respect for are my Grandparents. Their involvement, their love…it is the purest, it is priceless. My graciousness cannot express how much they have influenced the woman I have become…

The years of dedication to their family, the hours of sweat poured into life…the morals of appreciation rooted deep. I cherish the memories! To this day I can still feel Grandpa’s arms wrap around me as he picked me up to sit on his lap and Grandma’s warmth received through her smile proving pride in my evolving character. The security I received from the farewell hug carries me until I have the opportunity to see them again and a tear fell as I drove into the distance. I had come for a visit and it was so surreal as I walked up the path towards my vehicle. I turned to wave one last time and there they were--standing in the doorway next to each other, Grandpa’s arm around Grandma with the underlying love that carried them for 50 years already.

The inspiration of this vision left me with my continued determination of self-deserving happiness. Dedication, hard work, devotion will all aid in the climbing of my advancement ladder. My heart, my soul, my entire being is filled with passion, with the desire to experience life to the fullest.

Becoming a mother has been my most pride-filled moment. Precious months of carrying my children within and feeling the connection, the bond as I nurtured their development sanctioned my existence as a woman. The art of wearing many hats has left me with the confidence of handling all the curve balls thrown my way. My children are blessed gifts from above and each day I cherish the time I have to guide them...to love them.

One thing that I promised my kids was to have uninterrupted time for an outdoor adventure with Momma. With all of the chaos that has occupied my time, it was necessary to set myself aside from the demanding registry of life and devote time for a special quest with opportunity to dive into the creativity of my children’s minds. We walked along the river and gazed at the eagles soaring above in the sky. Capturing the priceless candid smiles on film will preserve my time with them; give me a record of our time together. My favorite part of the day was our stop at McDonalds. It was the first experience for the boys going out to eat and the first time since being alone stopping for a bite outside of our home. Innocent giggles encased the restaurant as they enjoyed their meal. Savoring their happiness warmed my heart. The love received from a child is of the purest love one can embrace.

On my drive home I peered into the rearview mirror. Three sleeping angels touched my heart. My children are my world, their well-being is my highest priority, and their futures will be vibrant. I love you my darlings.

Most of my emotion as of current speaks serenity. Peace flows through my veins. I continue to reach for the stars and pave a path to achieve my goals. I ponder with excitement as to the fruition of my essence. Tomorrow will be a new day with prospecting moments awaiting my success.

Inspiration by one of its definitions is: a divine influence directly and immediately exerted upon the mind or soul. I dream of inspiring strength to the many women and children out there who have or may continue to experience domestic violence. I dream of inspiring vigor to any individual yearning for the exposure to pure passion. I believe that every person deserves great happiness regardless of where they come from or how they have lived in the past. Life, this is truly a gift that I trust every soul is worthy of living.

Divine strength…Powerful notions

~Nina~

No comments:

Post a Comment