March 15, 2010

Beautiful Essence…Fresh Breeze

The hours were put in. Opening the door I stepped out into the magnificence of this day. As I, each day, take in a full inventory of my surroundings I was presented with a life altering revelation this day. Taken back as I pulled into my driveway today, I realized the full art of my gift.

Lifting the gear stick into park I peered out my windshield. Hands at ten and two, I leaned forward…there was something begging to be interpreted. The snow had completely vanished, the puddles absorbed, and the brilliance of sunshine cascade onto the ground. Stepping out of the vehicle the brisk wave of life touched my face. Coolness, calmness…I swear, just yesterday my property was covered with the hard, cold core of winter, with the out of control chaos dissolving my existence. What happened?

I realized for weeks I have loaded the kids, put the van in reverse, and headed into motion as if I was on autopilot. It was there the whole time, the transition from winter to spring…from despair to elation. It doesn’t happen overnight, just as the sense of survival doesn’t either. Everyday the action might have been minor, but a half an ounce of ice melted. My soul has thawed from darkness, pain, fear, and desolation. The scent of spring was the emergence of my spirit summiting.

Without hesitation I knew, looking to the heavens above I could see him. The lord embraced me with love as the wind swirled around my feet, twirling up to my mind. I raised my arms to thank him and then folded my hands over my heart. The belief I had in God was only being rerouted as his belief in me.

One monumental mark was the absence of my footprint in the once soggy ground. As stated above, the puddles had absorbed, the ground presented a strength…a stability. Today is the first day I have not shed tears. Today is the first day that my head was held high for the entire day. Today is the first day darkness didn’t hover or lurk around the corner. Today is the day…this day will be first day of the rest of my life…

Inner peace…Eternal love

~Nina~

1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful, peaceful post, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete