September 1, 2010

Back to School...Foundational Years

Today was the first day back to school for the students in my community. As I drove to work I saw the sidewalk volunteers awaiting the trickle of little feet to venture in to the adventure of a new year. The warmth that flowed through my veins came from the arrangement of my own school year memories and my future first day as a parent as my daughter will be starting a year from now. The moment the classroom becomes filled marks the transition of summer to fall. A favorite season of mine, the cool, brisk breeze and array of hues the fall leaves will bring is all a scene of harmony.

The shift from one season to another can mimic the shift within one’s ambitions, efforts, and goals. Moving from day to day may cause a rut, but looking in the mirror to reevaluate the circumstances can bring focus within. Today may feel like an imperfection with hopes that tomorrow of great brilliance. Looking over the past months my experiences drifted change just as winter to spring and spring to summer. What will await me from summer to fall I don’t know, but I anxiously wait with anticipation for great things.

For some that don’t know, earlier this summer I suffered a tough injury to my leg causing me to lose out on the rest of my softball season and the half marathon I was training for. I was devastated as it seems that everything I work for gets ripped away from me, but I relaxed with refocus on the fact that I can make new goals, train for a new race, and it could have been worse. Working back into things I am now at a point of transition as I can return to my training regimen. Back to the basics for me…new focus to my running goals.

Tying the laces to my shoes I stepped back into more than the miles of endurance. I again grasp the pavement of strength…of courage. It doesn’t matter what tries to knock me down or stop me from my goals. I keep getting up, dusting off my knees, and searching deep within for that vault of stamina. My destiny is of great things, of radiance. My future, whether it be fitness or my professional goals, is of a rare gem. The luster of my soul shimmers bringing a desired glimmer into this world.

As I move into my new training regimen I am excited for the miles I can cover both physically and emotionally. My dreams are my motivation. My imagination surfaces the routes of effort to reach my goals. My belief carries me like that of an eagle’s wings soaring through the open sky. Tomorrow a day of mystery, but only for a few mores hours, soon it will be a reality of new challenges to strengthen my essence.

Believe, Dream, Imagine

~Nina~

No comments:

Post a Comment