April 27, 2010

Gifts from Above…Cherished Hearts

Some days I wonder just exactly who is in my corner or who sits on the fence. I have lonely days and I have days I feel surrounded by encouragement. My level of security with people fluctuates, but this is a learning curve for me. Each day presents new experiences that compile into my ‘general’ interpretation of this world.

My vehicle has been an issue for a while. One, I was afraid to take it in for the expense wouldn’t be something I could afford. Two, I have no clue what to do with the mechanics of a vehicle. I have limited knowledge and this new aspect of things to manage honestly intimidated me. Finally I got to the point where I didn’t feel the contraption was safe. I turned to a friend and her husband whom both have surfaced a support from day one.

Grateful I am that these people have reached out to me and my children. It was almost like a home away from home. Their smiles are inviting, their house is warm and love filled. I cherish all that they have done and feel my gratitude simply isn’t enough. Giving back is always my highest priority when I am met with such generosity. Again, tonight was just another self-less act of helping a young woman in need of a little assistance.

To give you an idea of how much this couple has helped me I will give you a handful of examples. They lent a hand in watching the kids when I first struggled with daycare coverage, but working was essential. They took the kids several times without hesitation. Another time I was very sick myself and she offered to take the kids so I could sleep with the goal of rest needed to overcome my illness. One other occasion included taking the kids for a couple of hours while I worked on a school project. A tear of appreciation rolls down my face as I stare at my car keys. Tonight he put my vehicle in a safer manner of operation.

Thank you very much to you both. You are a part of my closest support group and I very much appreciate your kind hearts. Admiration I have, a dear respect for who you are. Please never forget us, the kids and me, we have always and will continue to reflect the thankfulness we hold in our hearts.

Appreciation forecasted…Love precipitated

~Nina~

No comments:

Post a Comment