May 30, 2010

Peaceful Day…New Face

Today has been a very relaxed day. My daughter was with her father, leaving the boys to have some Mom time. The innocence of their smiles, the hearty of their giggles embrace me with warmth as they are worth every minute. Being a mother is something I take with great pride. The three blessings that I have been given are the most precious gift I could ever have.

I mustered up some courage and heading to the shop. I got a hair cut. Anyone that knows me understands what it is to get me to the beauty salon. I struggle with change and very seldom stray from the style I have had since high school. With all that has taken place in my life, I opened up to the arms of the stylist. I tried something different. When I got home I curled it a little and applied some make-up. A whole new woman stood there peering back at me.

While the boys rested I took some time to look inside. Things have once again become a strain and I just don’t want to give up. For a half hour I sat on the couch to gaze out my front window. I have had the blinds shut for 2 weeks now. I broke the desire of isolation today and was wrapped with the power of the sunshine cascading in. As the emotion streamed from my eyes I pondered my future. Perseverance will carry me through.

The day was a good one. I felt stronger. I even made a wonderful and health supper of grilled tilapia and sugar snap peas. Taking some time to take care of yourself is the most important thing anyone can do for themselves. It has taken me some time, but I am placing my needs up there on the priority list. No one will take care of me…only I can.

Beautiful outside…Amazing inside

~Nina~

No comments:

Post a Comment